She has been described as:
- “The complete Caribbean teller. Her telling of Ananse stories is unique and exciting”. Cayman National Cultural Foundation
- “A VOICE THAT MUST BE HEARD”, Tim Hector, Antigua
- “AN OUTRAGEOUS COMBINATION OF GLITZ AND THOUGHTFULNESS, OF ENTERTAINMENT AND EDUCATION”, Ken Corsbie
- “ONE OF THE MOST DYNAMIC AND CHARISMATIC PROPONENTS OF STORYTELLING”...Caribbean Week
- Amina has always worked in the fields of communication, human and cultural development.
- She is a political scientist, early childhood educator, research student in Cultural Studies at the University of the West Indies, Mona, Director of the Culture In Education Programme in the Ministry of Education, Jamaica.
- Founder of Ntukuma, The Storytelling Foundation of Jamaica, 2002
- Founder/Artistic Director of LikkleStoryFest, an annual storytelling festival for children, operating since 2002
- Founder/Artistic Director, Child’s Play, Antigua, 1992
- Founder, Zebra Theatre Group, Antigua, 1987
- Founding Member, Theatre Group for National Liberation, Jamaica, 1976
- Workshop Facilitator
- Motivational Speaker
- Lecturer in Caribbean History and Aesthetics
Come and see Amina Blackwood Meeks live and listen to her vivid stories of history at the Sankofa Children's Village at Fi Wi Sinting 2013! Visit her website at http://aminablackwoodmeeks.com to learn more about this living legend.